Thanks for showing an interest in my Certificate in Counselling with a Young Adult Specialism Course.
I’ve decided to create a course which not only gives you great new learning and techniques, it also teaches you about the real job of counselling!
I’ve been doing the job for over 15 years now and in that time I have had many successes and some failures too! Now, I’m ready to share with you the nuts and bolts of counselling and especially using those skills for Teenagers and Young Adults
The course is designed for those who already have some knowledge of basic counselling and communication skills
The counselling aspects of the course and the skills we will be developing will be based on the Person-Centred Approach to counselling
The Course’s Qualification is Internationally Accredited and Certified by a Professional Body, the International Association of Therapists https://www.iaoth.com/
This course is beginner to intermediate level. It is designed for individuals who wish to develop skills within their own framework, or as an introduction to further study in Counselling.
So, what do you get with this course?
- You are considering parting with your well-earned cash and your precious time which means you must be pretty serious about learning this subject
- This course is a comprehensive Counselling Skills Accredited Certificate with a Specialism, in working with Young Adults
- It may be that you already work with Young Adults or you wish to work more closely with them. You have probably already realised that there are differences and that you would like to understand them more.
The course in two parts…
Generic Counselling – which gives you skills for life to enhance your work and private life
Counselling Young Adults – which builds on your basic knowledge and introduces some game-changing skills straight from my personal toolbox to enable you to engage with and support young adults
Generic Counselling includes…
- Teaching you the skills needed to initiate, maintain, and end a counselling relationship, including an understanding of professional and ethical issues
- Giving you an understanding of the basic theories, which underpin counselling and possible applications
- Teaching you the skills required to develop yourself as a counsellor and construct your own action plan for further development, by uncovering skills you already have which can be utilised
Counselling Young Adults includes…
- Taking everything, you’ve learned so far and applying it to working with Young Adults
- Teaching you the skills required to successfully engage with and maintain a relationship with Young Adults
- Address some of the contextual challenges around working with Young Adults
How is the Course Structured?
- The course is delivered via more than 7 hours of pre-recorded videos divided into 23 lessons which can be watched or listened to at your convenience – no need to attend a class
Who Delivers the course?
- The course is designed, delivered, and monitored by Sarah Terry, a Counsellor, Trainer and Author who has been doing the job for over 15 years and working with Young Adults for around 20 years in various support and therapeutic settings
- Sarah works as a school counsellor and has a vast amount of experience in working with young adults with an array of mental health issues
- To find out more about Sarah, see here
PLEASE NOT THAT HOMEWORK IS OPTIONAL AND NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS CERTIFICATE COURSE – marking and feedback not available during special price offers
How do I enrol?
- If you are interested, FIND THE COURSE HERE
How long does the course last?
- The online material will remain yours to keep but you may not obtain your certificate and your accreditation if you have not completed tasks and/or assignments.
- Your certificate will be issued once you complete the course
- Most online equivalent courses are going to cost you anywhere from £800-£2000 if you don’t believe me, search for yourself!
- I’m offering this high-quality beginner – intermediate level course PLUS accreditation